Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Creating with Scraps

Well here's one for all you papercrafters who just can't part with your "scraps".  I'm always buying beautiful papers and when I have completed my designated project, I just can't throw out the leftovers...cause it might just be the one piece that I need to finish another card etc.   So one day I thought, why don't I make my "scraps" the project!!!  I LOVE stitching (machine and hand) on paper!  And after seeing some gorgeous cards on the internet one day (I can't for the life of me remember where I saw them...sorry!), I was inspired.........   

So here's what I came up with.  This was the perfect project for using those tiny little beautifully patterned pieces of paper, that had probably been sitting in my "stash" forever and a day...I hope you like!

 

 

  

 
Normally I am one that likes things to be symetrical and "perfect".  However, I think the fact that the stitching isn't perfect gives these cards real character...and I like it!

  

  

So how did I do it.... 

Base Card 14.5x14.5cm
White Card 10x10cm
 
  

And I simply...

1. Drew basic shapes onto the white card (using pencil, which I later rubbed out - you may be able to see the pencil lines above)
2. Put patterned pieces in sections and then roughly stitched around the outline using my sewing machine.  
3. Pulled the cotton through to the back and stuck these straight onto the front of the cards.

You could personalise the cards by adding little greetings to the front or simply leave them blank so you can use them for any occasion.

1 comment:

  1. Trish, these are just adorable!! I too absolutely love stitching on paper and card. It adds such a simple texture and feature. You're one talented lady and I look forward to seeing what else you get up to. What a fabulous start to your blog! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails