Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thomas' Camouflage Plane Party...

Our precious son Thomas turns 6 six on Tuesday, so we thought we would throw him a birthday party.  It's his first year at school and since he has never had a "friends" party before, we thought...why not!  His favourite colour is green, and he loves camouflage print and all things aeroplanes, just perfect for a little boys party theme.


With this in mind I designed some cute little flight wings and some camouflage print paper, which I used to create his invitations (I will show you these at a later date) and all the matching elements.  I drew inspiration from Thomas' room which is decorated in this theme, adding splashes of red to "jazz" things up.  This came in particularly handy as I was able to use his mat and material covered letters to create the Thomas sign for the backing board.  However, I am by no means a cook, so it was all very simple...aeroplane fairy bread, honey joys in camo print cup cake papers (you will find the pattern here) & marshmallow clouds.


And where would we have been without that gumball machine control tower, filled with green m & m's and jaffa's...this proved to be a big hit for the boys who weren't so keen on playing soccer!  Thanks to my sister, Merrin, for letting us borrow it!!!!!!!!!!!!


And what kind of a plane party would it be without their very own flight wings...I made these super cute badges for each of the boys - Flight Lieutenant for a day...and personalised lolly aeroplanes to go with it.  You can find the instructions for these little beauties here, I just substituted the chewing gum for the camo print cardboard.

We even made paper aeroplanes and had a competition to see who could throw theirs the furthest.  It was so much fun, all the kids had a ball!  Most importantly, Thomas had an amazing afternoon enjoying everything that he loves...friends, food, games, prizes, soccer, presents, lollies and all things planes,  followed up with  a BBQ with the family!  Thanks to my friend Jordan at Polkadot Prints, who inspired me to "go all out".  Be sure to check out the gorgeous Aeroplane party she did for her son Levi - just stunning!  Well there you go...this was a first for me...but so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Trish, this is SO awesome! I know Thomas would have loved it! The cake looks sensational!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails